1 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 5:13 PM

Hello
I’ve just joined this forum having started to brew coopers diy kits, I notice that one of the biggest problems you guys in au have is temperature control when fermenting.
Can i suggest you move to the Uk? Its f****ing freezing most of the time.

Happy Brewing.
:)

2 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 6:22 PM

Welcome to the forum Bartender.

Think I’ll stick to the difficult task of using a temp controlled chest freezer. Than deal with subzero temperatures, lousy fish and chips, and regularly not in possession of the urn of ashes.
Cheap shot I know. I just couldn’t help myself.

Cheers

3 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 6:46 AM

At least we don’t have sharks that bite ya leg off.
In fact we just don’t have sharks, except loan sharks. But they are a different thing.

On a brighter note the brewing room is a steady 18 degrees and smells deliciously malty.

4 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:22 PM

Well I have A Cool Brewing bag and brew seasonally, so no issues with temp control. But I am jealous if you can get Landlord and Hobgoblin on cask!

Cheers,

John

5 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:32 PM

porschemad911:

. ~<snip> I am jealous if you can get Landlord and Hobgoblin on cask!

Cheers,

John

Having come from the UK (Aberdeen to be exact) I have been lucky enough to try hobgoblin on Cask and bloody hell its fantastic, however I preferred Circle Master.

Having that been Said Wychwood Brewery is Amazing but there are some hidden Gems up in the wild North, Fyne Ales, Brewdog, Skye Brewery, Orkney and Belhaven (their IPA is to die for)

If you ever get the chance to go over try and time if for CAMRA Festival in a city near where you'll be staying.

Though I decided to sell my hat, gloves and scarves for bodies thongs and rashies and came to Australia.

6 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:48 PM

Bartender@TBP:

At least we don’t have sharks that bite ya leg off.
In fact we just don’t have sharks, except loan sharks. But they are a different thing.

On a brighter note the brewing room is a steady 18 degrees and smells deliciously malty.

I can understand the shark thing, especially if you haven’t grown up with it.
I was lucky enough to spend 4 years in South Australia’s Port Lincoln in my early 20’s.
I spent a lot of time surfing that area all the way up the west coast. In that time we did unfortunately see a few friends that were ab divers and surfers taken in that time. And have seen many a big shark in the surf.
Only a few months back had a white approach me on my SUP board and turn around within about 6 meters of the board. That wasn’t the closest I’ve been to a white in the water but that definitely has shaken me a little. I’ve only been out a dozen times since.

7 Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:05 PM

Temp controlled fridge allows me to brew year round any style. I think I'll stay here in Aus

Last edited by Otto Von Blotto (Monday, January 15, 2018 9:05 PM)