1 Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:34 PM

This could be welcome news to some:

Gladfield Malt appoints Aussie sales rep

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2018/01/10/gladfield-malt-appoints-aussie-sales-rep/

2 Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:24 PM

Well Blacksands,
I’ve searched high and low for gladfields grain where I am and no one has it at any decent weight or price so I look forward to seeing if they can get more of an impact here in sunny west aus

3 Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:27 PM

Craftbrewer have a small selection of Gladfield malts but they can also be purchased through bulk buys on AHB that happen periodically. CB has the ale malt for $80 per 25kg bag which is on par with the pilsner malt I buy.

4 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 12:07 AM

Hey captain best price I found was BeerCo.com.au

Do they ship to west au? I get a flat rate to Sydney regardless of the weight. So very cheap for a premium malt!

5 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 12:35 AM

Beerbelly (SA) have had the Gladfield Malts available for purchase for near on a year now I reckon.

There is a Kiwi link in the ownership of the place so they were onto their availability pretty quickly.

Competitive prices & they ship Australia-wide as far as I know.

Cheers,

Lusty.

6 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 1:28 PM

Hey Gents,
Looked into both Beer co and Beer belly.
Beer co ended up being $152 for a 25kg sack. And beer belly was substantially more.
Just not economically viable for me.

Cheers and brew well.
Kirk

7 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 9:36 PM

Is there a local brewing club ? a bulk buy from Brisbane or Melbourne will save you cash on the malt but shipping to sandgropers gets very expensive

8 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 10:47 PM

I’m sure there is in Perth.
I’m trying to find one in the south west. I’ve put the feelers out and got some people asking around for me from the LHBS.
Oh well, there’s a business opportunity right there.
Get the wife’s family to pack a ship container in nz and send it over ha ha ha

9 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:55 AM

The Captain:

I’m sure there is in Perth.
I’m trying to find one in the south west.,,,,,,snipped

Lovely area

10 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:16 AM

Tassie leading the rest of the Country, I've been purchasing Gladfield Malts from Tasmanian Home Brewing Supplies for the past two years. Perhaps we got in early because New Zealanders believe that Tasmania is their spiritual West Island

http://www.brewtas.com.au/grain-malt.html

Anyway I have used their American Ale and speciality malts with great success.

I only purchase 5 kg bags, 90 minute round trip including store time, for around $15.

Cheers & Beers
Scottie
Valley Brew

11 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:18 PM

Me too Scottie, from Brew Your Own At Home in Canberra… Have made some nice beers with Gladfield base malts over the last couple of years. I do prefer the Voyager malts from around Griffith though - they are really good.

Cheers,

John

12 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:51 PM

This is good news, I've started using their malts and they appear to be very fresh and convert well.

Keg king in melbourne look like they ship them, I have not bought from there but when I worked it out, the shipping from Mel to syd was 26$ for two sacks (50KG) and the sack price was 62.59. So about $150 for two sacks delivered.

Northside of the harbour in sydney HBS's you may as well forget as too expensive, which is a shame because these are closer to me. It's much cheaper to have someone ship giant heavy bags 1000km from VIC than it is for me to buy locally. Probably the fault of the ludicrous rents and property prices.

South side of the harbour gladfield can be had from $69 to close to $80/ sack.

Last edited by headmaster (Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:51 PM)