1 Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:15 PM

Hi - I have aquired a triple cobra towers like This and want to replace the beer line but have run into issues removing the hose from the tower. Does anyone know how to remove the hose once the tap and shank is removed or if any howtos exits?

Cheers.

2 Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:22 PM

I've got one of those as well, but I haven't removed the lines. Mine has stainless steel tubes that run up the inside to where the tap shanks connect onto, is yours like that?

3 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 8:26 AM

I’m not sure. All I’m able to see is the clear hose going up inside the tower which made me think the hose was connected to a spike at the back of the tap. It definitely moves around with the hose. I’m wondering if there is a special tool or twist required to pull the spike from the tower as needle nose pliers don’t seem to help much.

4 Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 12:22 PM

Yeah mine move around in the top of the tower as well if there's no tap connected to them. I'm not sure how to remove them though as I've never needed to, but I'm sure there is a way of doing it. Perhaps try contacting brew shops that sell them and see if they have any clues.

5 Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 1:48 PM

FYI they do come out. There’s a little gap in the flange at the bottom that you need to align the ear of the hose clamp to get it out.

6 Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 1:59 PM

Cool, will keep it in mind if I have to remove mine at any stage.

I actually took my taps apart recently to clean them out properly and they were already clean. I gave them a soaking in sodium percarbonate anyway since I'd already dismantled them but yeah, pretty bloody decent for being in place for over 2 years and no crap buildup inside them at all.

Last edited by Otto Von Blotto (Monday, January 15, 2018 1:59 PM)