1 Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 2:29 AM

Hello,
I am about to brew my first Coopers Kit (Australian Pale Ale) which I have managed to source here in Switzerland where I am now living. I haven't been able to get hold of Brew Enhancer 2 which is what is suggested.
I can get hold of malt extract in powder form and brew body (malto-dextrines) though. Does anyone have an idea if a combination of these would be a decent substitute to BE2 ? I can get BE2 from the UK but the postage is a bit on the hefty side (not to mention customs charges…)
Thanks in advance for any ideas !

2 Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:17 AM

Welcome to the Coopers Forum stquinto.

If it were me I would just use anywhere between 1 and 1.5 kg of dry malt powder. In my opinion it will make a nicer beer than BE2 will anyway. Either that or liquid malt extract in brewers quality, not the food grade stuff.

3 Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:19 AM

like what morrie said…
using 1-1.5kg of LDM or light dry malt will give the beer better taste, mouth feel and give it a better head.
I use it compared to a mate who uses BE2 and he always seems to struggle to get heads on his beer

4 Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:35 PM

Thanks very much fellas, I’ve ordered some malt powder and will give it a go. I also got the ratios for the BE mixtures from Coopers but I prefer the idea of the malt.
Happy brewing ????

Last edited by stquinto (Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:35 PM)