1 Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 7:42 PM

Thinking about my next step on brewing and a decent space to do it in would be nice.

I've just switched to all grain biab and have been doing it on my deck lugging water out to the keggle and bringing my gear in from wherever its stored etc.

I have a “kinda outdoor kitchen” that is really just a few cupboards and a sink from our kitchen renos that I've sat on the deck. I'm starting to convert this into a outdoor kitchen/ bar/brewing area. What im interested in right now is what water pipe should I use from the poly mains to the tap if i want the ability for it to be removed at any stage? Ive been avoiding the garden hose as a water supply but as the water from the meter to the house is supplied by poly i dont see any reason why the outdoor kitchen can't be.

Keen on your thoughts

Cheers

2 Posted: Friday, January 05, 2018 9:51 AM

Can't see a problem with using poly Sol, I wouldn't be building it into any structural stuff that can't be accessed though, just in case you get a shonky fitting/seal….

3 Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 10:43 AM

Its gonna be a semi permanent structure but easily movable as we're trying to sell our house and it will be coming with me. But yeah all plumbing will be easily accessible.

Cheers

4 Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:10 PM

Poly isnt perfect but will work just fine .
Suggest adding a filter for your brewing water to strip the chlorine .
you don't need to filter chilling or cleaning water though

5 Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:36 PM

If the water isn't tainted from the poly and tastes fine then it should be OK to brew with. You can buy similar hose to garden hose that is food grade rated and doesn't throw any taint to water. Bunnings and caravan places sell it.

6 Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:57 PM

Get an air con is my advice at the moment, 41 degrees in my shed currently (measured by my stc1000 probe dangling in mid air) Poor old brew fridge chuggin like a chaff cutter to maintain 18.

7 Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 1:13 PM

Back on topic though.
Why not use poly?, All modern houses are plumbed with it.
I reckon it would be better then the older copper or even worse , rusty old gal .
Dunno about using garden hose but, if you've ever drank water from your garden hose yool know what I mean.

8 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:14 AM

rossm:

Can't see a problem with using poly Sol, I wouldn't be building it into any structural stuff that can't be accessed though, just in case you get a shonky fitting/seal….

I love this ‘international’ forum - what the hell is ‘shonky’ ? Lol
Great word.

9 Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:27 PM

Bartender@TBP:

rossm:

I love this ‘international’ forum - what the hell is ‘shonky’ ? Lol
Great word.

Sh-on-kee

Aussie slang

Dubious, suspicious, not to be trusted

Last edited by solidute (Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:27 PM)