1 Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:31 PM

My brew fridge is in the spare room, and was just having a quick check on the fermenters and seen a small bug sitting on the fridge seal - been loads of insects outside the house after the weather has gotten a fair bit hotter in Perth.
Didn't see any inside the fridge, but have the DIY fermenters (non sealing).
Was thinking of taping or glad wrapping around the seal.
Also my fridge seal where the probe goes in has become a bit loose.
Will probably spray a load of insecticide in the brewery room tomorrow morning before heading out.
Haven't had an infection in 2.5 years and am getting more and more paranoid about getting one !!
Any thoughts or recommendations welcome..

Cheers

James

2 Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:14 AM

James Lao:

Will probably spray a load of insecticide in the brewery room tomorrow morning before heading out.

Yes.

Just get a good surface spray & hit the outside of the fridge. A dab here & there of silicon sealer should fix the fridge seal issue.

Cheers,

Lusty.

3 Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:08 PM

Hey James

I get a stack of mozzies in my outdoor laundry where my brew fridge is. I have one of those 240V mozzie killers that emit fumes which kills flying insects. They will probably work on your brew bugs too and concentration is low and insecticide is not residual. Keeps them at bay and could be an option for your brew room.

4 Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:58 PM

Cheers Lusty and Jools,

Hit the brewery room and the rest of the house with surface insect spray before heading out this morning.
Will look into getting one of those plug in mozzie killers as well.

Cheers

James

Last edited by James Lao (Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:58 PM)