1 Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 3:03 PM

So I just finished drinking a “The Golem” Red Ale and thought it was quite a nice drop and wondering how to go about brewing a Red Ale similar.

Being a new brewer and still brewing from the Kits, Can anyone recommend an easy recipe to make a nice Red Ale?

I was basically thinking it would be just a combination of say a APA and getting a “Red Ale” pack of grain from the Local Home Brew shop which I think is basically CaraRed and Barley. And mixing with LDM.

But if anyone has a nice easy recipe that has been tried and tested and willing to share that would be great!

2 Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 3:59 PM

Never heard of it. It seems there are two. One by 4 Hearts Brewing at 4% ABV, and one by Evil Czech Brewery at 7.2%.

If you are talking about the 4 Heart's version, your plan could work. You can also check the Irish Red ale in the recipe section.

Just put an Irish Red ale down myself but it was a partial mash which included 125gm C60L, 75gm C75L, 55gm roasted barley, and a bunch of Maris Otter. I used the OS Lager kit as the base but probably should have used the APA. Can't tell yet what it will taste like. I used Mangrove Jack's New World Strong Ale yeast.

Cheers,

Christina.

3 Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 9:21 PM

An easy kits & bits recipe I have brewed in the past is:

1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale Tin
1kg LDM
200g Caraaroma - steeped
50g Roasted Barley - steeped
22 litres

I used the kit yeast as I that was all I had on hand at the time. I have used Nottingham Ale yeast as well.

Turned out pretty well, may have to put down another one soon.

4 Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:03 AM

Coopers DIY recipe: Irish Red Ale

Cheers,

Lusty.

Last edited by Beerlust (Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:03 AM)