1 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:45 AM

Coopers Blue

Coopers Session Ale

I heard a rumor that it may be canned in the future but I don't know how accurate that is. It would be great if it was.

EDIT: when I say ‘canned’, I mean sold in cans, not discontinued.

2 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:57 AM

i think i have found my new brew to try make…

Is this going to be an australian wide release? Doesnt mention been able to buy it anywhere???

3 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:32 AM

If it isn't canned, couldn't we just mix up a Pale ale kit, with some wheat malt extract and chuck in some galaxy and melba hops? :D

4 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:09 AM

shhhh…dont give away my recipe hahaha

5 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:16 AM

Good find Hairy.

Cheers,

Lusty.

6 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:11 PM

I'll keep an eye out for it in any pubs I'm at. Wouldn't mind trying to make a quaffer style beer like that for summer though. I'll probably just make a couple of minor changes to my usual pale ale recipes to make them more sessionable.

7 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:14 PM

Otto Von Blotto:

I'll keep an eye out for it in any pubs I'm at. Wouldn't mind trying to make a quaffer style beer like that for summer though.

Yes Otto man, there is a world of enjoyment outside your current 3 beer type brew rotation.

Given the broad spectrum of hop derived flavours & aromas out there now, you're really missing out on making some lovely beers mate.

Do it!

Cheers,

Lusty.

8 Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:34 PM

They're really just pale ales with a lower ABV and a bit more late/dry hopping really, shouldn't be too hard to come up with something. I just need to use up the hops I have before I order any more, I don't have as much freezer space here to store them all

9 Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Coopers Pacific Ale then?

10 Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:07 AM

Ben 10:

Coopers Pacific Ale then?

Without the wheat and with Coopers yeast.

Here is a link to the Coopers page with more info.

Coopers Session Ale - Info

11 Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 7:26 AM

anyone had a stab at this yet?

Can someone punch it into the Ianh spreadsheet to come up with the 27IBU for me please?

Im thinking
1 x APA can
1 x Wheat extract can
1 x 500g LDM

then comes the late hops

has anyone actually tried this?

12 Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:33 PM

Finally tried this tonight, it was on tap in a bar in Penrith.

It was a really nice drop. I could easily sit back in summer and knock off a few of these.

13 Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:08 PM

Nice Hairy. How was the hop influence? In your face, or subtle?

14 Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:01 PM

In style it is similar to most beers called an “Australian Pale/Summer Ale”.

The hop influence isn’t in your face but it is still more than just subtle. It is fairly light bodied and, at 4.2% abv, you can have a few beers without it knocking you off your feet.

It isn’t a spectacular “wow” beer but it is what it says it is: a session ale.

15 Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:51 PM

Thanks mate

16 Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:19 AM

what sort of flavours did you get from it hairy?
Ive got a APA with melba and galaxy just about ready (sunday will be 2 weeks in the bottle, but they are all already well carbd up)

Hope they release it out here in Vic

17 Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:28 AM

The Galaxy was there but it wasn't the full-on passionfruit you sometimes get. I mainly got a light citrus hit and some stone fruit.

Perhaps that is the Melba coming through. I have never used Melba before nor knowingly tasted it in a commercial beer, so I can't be sure.

18 Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:39 AM

cool…yeah thats similar to what i got with mine (small sample before bottling)

More pineapple-ish, but a good flavour from the melba im guessing. Bring on saturday night for a trial of mine!

Last edited by RepSpec (Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:39 AM)