1 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:18 AM

So I've been told “You're not getting a fridge!!! Where would you even put it!” and although part of me wants to go against that instruction, the other part of my wants to keep my manhood in tact :P

So now I am looking for alternatives - Originally I was going to go with just a swamp cooler and the t-shirt method, but looking into it a bit, not really keen to have a bunch of still water just sitting around for days and don't want to risk mould.

My other concern with the swamp cooler is having a Coopers DIY kit - I wouldn't expect you would put the tap in the water.

So this brings me to the ever expensive Cool Brewing Bag - first issue is, where the hell do you find these things without paying 40 bucks for postage from Ebay. Has anyone seen them around Brisbane? - Next question, do they actually work?

Should I just go down the swamp cooler method while I work on my convincing techniques?

Fridge seems to be the only option, but this is now the 4th hobby I've picked up this year :P So I understand her frustration haha :P…..at least this hobby gets me drunk!

2 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:21 AM

Yes, the Cool Brew bag works. One of our forum members, Porschemad911, uses one all the time. You can search the old threads to see where he got it, or maybe he will chime in. I agree that having a tub full of standing water around is less than ideal.

But you can't cold crash in a Cool Brew bag, and it is less precise than a fridge. Maybe if you try a swamp cooler first your SO will get tried of it taking so much space, and have pity on you for having to fuss with it all the time, and she'll let you get a fridge.

Cheers,

Christina.

3 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 7 PM

Fergy1987:

So I've been told “You're not getting a fridge!!! Where would you even put it!” and although part of me wants to go against that instruction, the other part of my wants to keep my manhood in tact :P

Just do what I did.

I got a hacksaw & cut our bed in half. I shifted her half outside into the middle of the backyard. I then placed my brew fridge in the space opened up by shifting her half of the bed outside into the backyard.

After just two days of her being forced to sleep outside the main bedroom, I was suddenly given permission to have a brew fridge that miraculously found a home in a space occupied by a piece of useless furniture from her past that not only looked horrid, but served no purpose.

There's your “Manhood”.

Cheers,

Lusty.

4 Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:58 PM

ChristinaS1:

Yes, the Cool Brew bag works. One of our forum members, Porschemad911, uses one all the time. You can search the old threads to see where he got it, or maybe he will chime in. I agree that having a tub full of standing water around is less than ideal.

But you can't cold crash in a Cool Brew bag, and it is less precise than a fridge. Maybe if you try a swamp cooler first your SO will get tried of it taking so much space, and have pity on you for having to fuss with it all the time, and she'll let you get a fridge.

Cheers,

Christina.

Chiming in … my Cool Brewing Bag is brilliant, buy it. I love mine and wouldn't take a free brewing fridge to replace it if I was offered one.

Cheers,

John

5 Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 3:51 PM

porschemad911:

Chiming in … my Cool Brewing Bag is brilliant, buy it. I love mine and wouldn't take a free brewing fridge to replace it if I was offered one.

Cheers,

John

Hey John,

Just wondering where did you pick yours up from?

Cheers

6 Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 5:39 PM

It's been a couple of years so hard to remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I bought it on eBay from seller brewwizard.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by porschemad911 (Saturday, September 16, 2017 5:39 PM)