1 Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:58 PM

Hey friends, if somebody could help me out here, that would be great.

I only wish to wire power supply, and fridge to STC 1000, nothing else.

I just tried two different wiring diagrams, the first one didn't seem to be supplying power to the fridge, the second one tripped the power board.

Fridge and STC 1000 are still working independently of each other.

Cheers

JP

2 Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:28 PM

Never mind.

Got it sorted.

Cheers

JP

3 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:42 AM

Putting the call out again, something not quite right here.

Keen to see wiring on a working setup.

Cheers

JP

4 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:25 AM

Images not uploading.

:(

Show Image Attachments
Image Attachments:

5 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:41 AM

You've probably tried this already but if not Google STC wiring diagram, and there are loads of images to help wire it up.
I am a sparky, but still checked the wiring diagram before powering on.
You will need a box to put it in and some connectors for neutral, earth and active joins.
If you have any sparky mates to help it would be best
Apologies if you have tried all this.
Good luck!

Cheers

James

6 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:03 PM

Hi ImaginativeName.

Are you attempting to hard wire the STC-1000 into the fridge itself, or are you using a separate junction box outside the fridge?

The diagram below will help with the wiring anyways.

There is also plenty of chit chat & a few pics over the "Brew Fridge Requirements" thread.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Lusty.

7 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:39 PM

i bought 2 cheap extension cords and cut so 2 female sockets were the same length and kept the male plug from 1 for 240v in.
I used a junction box to mount unit in. there is a wiring diagram on google where you use a strip of connectors. i wired everything up as instructed labelled the hot and cold leads this way just plug in fridge and heat device no need to rewire if one dies. a neat plug n play system.

only modification i had to make was to extend the themometer cable

8 Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:28 PM

Hi solidute.

solidute:

i bought 2 cheap extension cords and cut so 2 female sockets were the same length and kept the male plug from 1 for 240v in.
I used a junction box to mount unit in.

I did the same thing with mine, & most folk do. So easy really.

Just not sure which direction ImaginativeName has taken.

The other advantage by using a separate junction box is if the fridge shits itself, you don't need to unhook the STC-1000 unit from the internals of the old fridge to then re-wire into the new fridge.

Cheers,

Lusty.

9 Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 6:34 AM

I used the same diagram Lusty posted when wiring mine, or a similar one with the same connections shown anyway. The diagram on the STC itself is a bit confusing and when we first wired it up it didn't work properly either. Once it was done as that diagram above shows, it worked fine.

10 Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 2:26 PM

Thanks gents, I bought an inkbird, the plug and play one.

Should have it next week.

I can't be bothered with this wiring anymore, I tried a few times, first time there was no power to fridge, second and third times tripped the safety, third time was strange because the fridge ran for around three minutes before tripping out.

I dunno.

Maybe the unit is faulty?

Cheers

JP

11 Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:26 AM

Defs something wrong with your wiring mate , maybe got polarity mixed up or not set up your blocks correctly ? Follow the diagram printed on the unit not the internet
There are different terminal layouts on some STC units , the switched side always goes to the female plugs though .
Ensure all earth and neutral wires are joined together permanently ( i solder all connections and heat shrink )
As for wiring the active block voltage comes in to unit to power unit and to the unswitched side of cooling and heating pins .
on the diagram posted above terminals 1 , 5 and 7 are live at all times but your device may vary .
Terminals 6 and 8 will only be live once compressor delay has finished and temp is above / below preset range ( the brown wires from heating / cooling plugs )

i wired another one up on thursday night , mine all worked perfectly but with my background single phase wiring doesn't pose a challenge and are tested before use anyway

Last edited by Mark D Pirate (Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:26 AM)