1 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:30 PM

About to bottle this, used be2 + 250 gr dextrose to 21 ltrs. Will it be best to prime bottles with lme, sugar, dex or drops ? First brew with cerveza and I don't want to add something like lme that might alter it or will that be ok. Thanks. Archie.

2 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:39 PM

I use regular sugar and bulk prime. I like it pretty carbonated so I think I use 160g per 21l, but if you searcb for an ABV calculator it will give a precise amount. Use some hot water to dissolve the sugar, add it to bottle bucket, add your beer and then just bottle the batch.

Norris

3 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:40 PM

I wouldnt use lime Archie, save that for when drinking, can be a very off putting taste when lime goes wrong

4 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:42 PM

DIPA:

I wouldnt use lime Archie, save that for when drinking, can be a very off putting taste when lime goes wrong

Dont think lime was mentioned.

5 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:55 PM

DIPA:

LME DIPA, I was not sure what to use Think I will just play safe and use sugar as Norris suggests.

Archie

6 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:20 PM

I wonder what lime would do and taste like? I mean LME. Let me know how it turns out Archie.

7 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:24 PM

I wouldn't use LME for the simple fact that it would be a pain in the freaking arse trying to measure it properly for priming. LME stands for Liquid Malt Extract, not light malt extract

8 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:39 PM

Always been too terrified to try this kit in case it tastes like Corona.
Worst beer ive ever tasted .(And ive had Swan)
I suppose thats why people put lime/lemon in it. Undrinkable otherwise.

9 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:15 PM

big handsome Archie:

DIPA:

LME DIPA, I was not sure what to use Think I will just play safe and use sugar as Norris suggests.

Archie

haha yep my bad, thought it was odd

10 Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 12 PM

Otto Von Blotto:

I wouldn't use LME for the simple fact that it would be a pain in the freaking arse trying to measure it properly for priming. LME stands for Liquid Malt Extract, not light malt extract

Ha ha Kelsey, what I really meant was light malt extract. It would certainly have been a different type of brew trying to measure liquid ME with added lime.

11 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:09 PM

Just cracked my first bottle and drinkable but slightly bland, my wife had one with a little lime added and really liked it. Norris, I just used sugar when bottling, and the boss wants me to brew another, so all in all not to bad. Would I brew it for myself ? NO.

12 Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 12:28 AM

Gag Halfrunt:

Always been too terrified to try this kit in case it tastes like Corona.
Worst beer ive ever tasted .(And ive had Swan)
I suppose thats why people put lime/lemon in it. Undrinkable otherwise.

ive made it with calypso hops and huell melon hops and it tastes fine

13 Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:38 AM

Each to their own. This is my house brew. I like it because it is clean and crisp and highlights any hops I add. I usually do a 10 min steep with 50g of 2 hops split 25g each and dry hop with 50g of the same hops 25g each. I can smell and taste the hops so I love the kit as base to play with. I also switch out the yeast to try different ones.

Cheers,
Norris

Last edited by Norris (Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:38 AM)