1 Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 11:20 AM

Ive got 1.25kg of Muntons Liquid Amber Malt left from my last brew, dont know what to brew with it, really wanted to try this;

RepSpecs Pale Ale Multi Hop

But it uses 3x 500g LDM

I also have sitting in my fridge from eons ago;

25g Kohatu
50g Northern brewer Alpha 7.8%

Hop pellets.

It has to be an extract brew as Im not set up for mash brewing & have never done one.

No prob getting hops / yeast but I'm in NZ Any ideas people?

2 Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:10 PM

Think Ive solved how to use the Malt,

If I buy another 1.8kg Muntons AME that gives 3kg which is just right for the coopers recipe, Cascarillo Amber Ale.

Any thoughts on including the Hops I have in this recipe?

3kg Thomas Coopers Amber Malt Extract (2x 1.5kg)
50g Amarillo Hop pellets (2x 25g)
50g Cascade Hop Pellets (2x 25g)
11g Danstar BRY-97 Yeast

3 Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:16 PM

I don't think Northern Brewer would suit it but Kohatu might, I'm not familiar with it though.

4 Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Order is in for the Casscarillo ingredients, also a bottle of Starsan to give everything a blast just to be sure.

The write up for Kohatu says “Tropical Fruit, Pine” - IPA style beer,

Casscarillo says “a delightful blend of rock melon, passionfruit and marmalade characters while residual sweetness from the crystal malt is balanced nicely with a medium bitter finish.” - category 10.B, American Amber Ale.

Im wondering if Dry hopping with them along with the 25g of Amarillo would go well, the flavours should compliment & Pine to me would be a sweet tone.

Ive made this beer before & it was VERY good, don't want to ruin it for the sake of 25g of hops that I don't know what to do with!!

Last edited by Mikes15 (Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:25 PM)