1 Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:38 PM

Two guys I know are competing in it too. They left Fremantle on Saturday and ought to reach the finish line at the opera house in … three weeks? It's called the “Indian Pacific Wheel Race”.

http://indianpacificwheelrace.com

Live tracking can be found at https://indianpacificwheelrace.maprogress.com/?embed=yes and it's almost mesmerising. I've been “dot watching” for two days straight now!!

2 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 6:31 AM

Wow that is truly epic! What's a good kms per day?

Thanks for the share King Rudd

3 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 9:31 AM

Is this the one where they dip their rear wheel in the water in WA and then their front wheel in the water in Sydney?

Oh crap, I just opened the link and now am immediately obsessed watching these dots move!

4 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 9:41 AM

That's the one. And yes, it's a slippery slope to becoming a full-time dot-watcher.

In the meantime, it doesn't look like the leaders slept again last night. They've covered over 1,100kms now in just 48 hours. Incredible.

5 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:27 AM

Did you see about the bike race in Cape Town the other week?
Had to be called off due to strong wind.

6 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:47 AM

They should've just held it in the other direction

7 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:50 AM

King Ruddager:

They should've just held it in the other direction

8 Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:32 PM

phenomenal effort! I'll be eagerly be checking back to see how that strategy plays out for the leaders. They'll have to sleep sometime!

Looks like a really spread out field! Haha got distracted when I say Durianrider and just spent 15mins reading the comments on his YT channel. Why and I not surprised at his withdrawl

And then Googled Kristoff Allegaert. Wow, what a reputation.

True respect for the kms these guys are covering, and fast too!

9 Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:40 PM

OK, I'm hooked too.

I enjoy Belgian beer and attempting to brew them.

Now, as the blue dot is closing the gap on the red, I'm thinking I should do something Welsh.

I haven't done an All-Grain in over twenty years but I'm being inspired to get back into it thanks in a big way to KR & Fast Home Brew. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't remember it being that fast.

Is there any one from Wales out there, or anyone know any good traditional Welsh brews?

These look good:
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/14706/brains-sa
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/236642/spite-row-cwrw-mel
still looking for a Rhymney Export or Dark recipe…

10 Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:50 PM

DavidB44:

Is there any one from Wales out there, or anyone know any good traditional Welsh brews?

None that will admit it.

Try Welsh channel 4.

Cheers,

Lusty.

11 Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:07 PM

i just took the time to read the about page, route, rules on the IPWR - wow, what an awesome back story and what an amazing race. I didn't realise they are completely unassisted and can't even draft!

Anyone going to see them as they fly past our major cities?

12 Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:26 PM

Saw this the other day, and thought of this thread.

13 Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:09 PM

Damn you, Your Highness.

Now I have started watching dots!!

The guy leading will be riding past the end of my street tomorrow, unless he keeps going through the night.

14 Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:49 PM

joolbag:

Anyone going to see them as they fly past our major cities?

You bet your arse I am!! I have my alarm set for 4am to check on Kristof's progress and hopefully ride up Greenhill road with him. I've also made an “Indy-PAC High5” sign for any that come past my work during the day

15 Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 9:37 AM

One of the guys I know dropped out overnight

His knees look like potatoes, but it was the mental side that did him in in the end

16 Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 11:33 AM

Just gave the leader a high-five in King William Street as he rolled past me

17 Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 1:24 PM

Did you get to ride with him KR? I'm going g to track the race carefully towards the end. They don't go past my house but not far from it! Would love to be at opera house when the leader rolls in!

18 Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 4:22 PM

Nah they came through during work hours. There's plenty more to come though, and I'm sure some of them will be coming through when it's convenient for me to roll up Greenhill Road with them.

Sarah Hammond, Davin Harding and Sam Jeffries are probably going to be the three most popular riders still to come in Adelaide. I know Sam so it'd be nice to ride with him, but he's likely to be completely SWAMPED by riders lending support, especially after James Raison pulled out this morning.

19 Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 5:59 PM

Just cheered Sarah on as she rode past. Mike Hall came through this morning.

Show Image Attachments
Image Attachments:

20 Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:22 AM

Just got back from a very quick midnight spin with the Purple Dot. She politely told us that she'd like to ride at her own pace up Greenhill road (code for “bugger off”) so we all scampered.