1 Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:59 PM

I have a keg that has home brew sitting in it for the last 2 weeks whilst IO have been away. I don't naturally carbonate it and have about 20psi of CO2 sitting in the head space.

I was going to chill it and force carb it when I returned. However I have placed another batch down in the FV and is sitting in my fridge being temp controlled as I would hate to think of the amount of ice blocks needed to control the temp in this weather.

Anyways seeing as the fridge will be used for the FV for the next 2-3 weeks, I was thinking of placing some sugar in my keg so it can naturally carb whilst waiting.

Does any one see a problem with diluting 80g of sugar in say 100ml of water and then tipping that in the keg, resealing it and putting some more o2 in the headspace (10-15psi)? Keep in mind there has been beer in there for two weeks already. Would I need to give it a shake around?

Cheers

Matt H

2 Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:25 PM

Personally, I'd just chill it and force carb it. But it appears that you only have one fridge which isn't ideal… get another fridge for kegs!

Anyway, if you go the route you're proposing, that will also work, but don't shake it around. Maybe just a few gentle swirls to get the yeast sludge back in suspension a bit. And I think you mean putting CO2 in the headspace

3 Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6 PM

Cheers Otto.

Lol, yep missed that pesky C before the O

Also just waiting for finances after Christmas break before I get on Gumtree for another fridge.

Last edited by mattyh77 (Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6 PM)