1 Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 9:50 PM

Hi Folks,
I have put down a morgans QLD Bitter on the 3/1/17 and its been 5 days but due too 3 days of rain and low temps its not ready to bottle, I have to go too work for 15 days and won't be home until the 24th jan. My question is how can i prevent the brew from going bad {one of my previous brews went 17 days in the fermenter and was shit, but still drank it as Im yet to have a stockpile of great beer}.

The SP.GR is about 1.010 ….should i put it in the fridge while I'm at work and remove it to complete the process when i get home? .

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 10:04 AM

From everything I've read, it should be perfectly fine to leave it, provided the temperature doesn't move beyond the recommended range.

There are smarter people than myself in here, so wait for some more responses.

3 Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 11:27 AM

If it's actually finished fermenting, you can put it in the fridge for that period of time and then bottle it when you come back, or warm it up and see if it'll drop any further. This is known as cold crashing and is done pretty commonly among home brewers.

What did you add to the kit when you mixed it up in the fermenter, and what volume was it mixed to? This information would help work out an approximate FG of the brew.

Last edited by Otto Von Blotto (Monday, January 09, 2017 11:27 AM)