1 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 12 AM

Was miandering through Big W tonight and as usual, wandered past the HB section to find 20% off Coopers cans and fermentables. I didn't really need anything as I'm pretty well stocked but couldn't help grabbing a Canadian Blonde and English Bitters at the bargain price of $12.80 each. Might go back on Saturday to grab some LDM and BE2 around 6 bucks each if I remember correctly.

Anyway, my lack of paying attention until now, has lead me to only just realised I got the EB can for $3. It scanned as some sort of 300ml bottle as per my receipt. So all in all, 2 x IS cans for $15.60. Happy days.

2 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 8:10 AM

That's good mate…

You can afford some extra yeast now~!
ide double up the kit yeasts and buy some extra yeasts

3 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 11:18 AM

Cheers Jaydub!
Will be popping into the local BigW on the way home I think :)

4 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 12:32 PM

Managed to snag a few boxes of malt and even more bottles! The groans were deafening as I was bringing the bottles into the house.

5 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 2:12 PM

English bitter must have been a mistake, scanned at normal price at my local BigW. Dan Murphys has also reduced pricing this month to below BigW 20% off prices and Woolies has had the OS on special for 3 or 4 weeks now.

There's been a package update on the tins (slight colouring, text and postion changes) but a bloke at Dan Murphys claimed they were bringing in green boxes or something and Coopers asked them to clear through stock?

6 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 10:18 PM

I've never seen home brew stuff in Big W - which section does it live in?

7 Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 10:53 PM

MarkC:

I've never seen home brew stuff in Big W - which section does it live in?

Usually where they have plastic storage tubs, laundry and kitchen stuff. Generally the same aisle as the brita water filters and stuff.

8 Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 8:25 PM

Dragged myself over to the shopping centre for maybe the second time this year today.

Wandered into Big W to get something for the missus. Walking past the homebrew section and Coopers is 20% until 6th September.

Stocked up on a few things aswell as a couple of APA for a bloke in work.
Got to the checkout, paid and was half way out the door when I remembered why I was there in the first place. Had to go back in and get the stuff for the missus.

So 20% off but don't forget what the other half asks you to get.

…. and no Croaky they don't sell the 86 Day Pilsner. Funnily enough I think that's the only one they didn't have.

9 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:33 PM

Coopers back on sale 20% off at BIG W - Going to hit them up this arvo and stock up!

Like a kid in a freaking candy store!!

Oh….but also, support your local brew shop!

10 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:48 PM

Nice. Might drop in and and grab gear for a toucan stout.

11 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:47 PM

Well, IF big w have stock and IF the stock is still within the use by date.
I also saw this on OzBargain, but like one poster noted, Coopers have free shipping for orders >$80 atm. And @ club prices.
Happy brewing :)

12 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:10 PM

Yuz:

Coopers have free shipping for orders >$80 atm. And @ club prices.

Thanks for the heads up, just took advantage of that offer.

Cheers,
Hoppy

13 Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:52 PM

Yuz:

Well, IF big w have stock and IF the stock is still within the use by date.
I also saw this on OzBargain, but like one poster noted, Coopers have free shipping for orders >$80 atm. And @ club prices.

Do they really have cans this close to use by date? All the cans I saw are use by like late 2018 or early 2019…..surely they cycle them fast enough?

14 Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 1:23 PM

Argh. Walked across to my nearest bigdub at lunch but they don't stock brewing stuff..

15 Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 4:55 PM

I got three cans from Big W at lunch today - $12.80 each
- Aus Pale Ale - exp 06/07/19
- Canadian Blonde - exp 25/05/19
- Mexican Cerveza - exp 14/06/19

So still well within use by dates

16 Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:13 PM

Had to go to the shops to buy a suit so while I there I thought I'd pick something up.

Grabbed an APA & an Amber Ale.

17 Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Thanks for letting us know about the sale. Went to Big W Gunghalin and most things were indeed on sale. Does anyone know if the Brigalow Ginger Beers is alcoholic or non alcoholic?

Last edited by DonPolo (Monday, October 16, 2017 10:29 AM)