1 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 7:25 PM

The wife surprised me with an early birthday present when I got home from work today. A nice little kit from Brewart, the Beerdroid, Brewflo, Kegging kit, American Pale Ale recipe kit. Apparently it was the first one sold from Harvey Norman Maroochydore. And I am stoked! This will go nicely with my other two coopers FVs.

Unboxed it all tonight, will kick off a brew tomorrow.

2 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 7:58 PM

Congrats.
While it is not something I would go near I am interested to know how the end product is.

3 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 9:03 PM

Another Aussie who gets expensive beer stuff for his birthday from his wife? Damn, here men always have to buy them stuff. Maybe I should find aussie girls.

I dont see how that dog can't see the nice upright object and go lift his leg aganst it. Unless he is a she.

4 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 9:09 PM

Nice dog !

5 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 10:03 PM

Do you pat his head or lift his tail to make the beer come out?

6 Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 11:05 PM

Cool dog

7 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 7:35 AM

Hey Banjo, congrats excuse my ignorance s the brewart an ag system ?

8 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 12:53 PM

Thanks guys, the dog is our 10 month old puppy Clancie, she doesn't fetch my beer for me yet, one day… The dog in my profile pic is our other dog Suey who is 11 years old now.

KradMelder, Aussie girls just seem to know how to keep their man happy (and his mind occupied I suspect).

MickC, the BrewArt gear isn't an all-grain kit, it consists of the Beer Droid which is a temperature controlled fermentation vessel (10L) a bit on the small side, but it is now my only temperature controlled fermenter, which means I will finally be able to brew lagers and pilsners properly. The other fermenters will continue their ale duties. The BrewFlo is a beer dispenser that uses 5L kegs, it is an interesting design that doesn't use CO2 to dispense, so I will update you all on how it goes in a few weeks.

There is nothing stopping you from doing an all grain batch in this equipment though, it is essentially a fermenter that you bottle to big 5L bottles. I will try some of their BrewArt recipes first though, but I think I will end up reverting to my usual extract brewing after a couple.

I have everything unpacked and will start getting the beer droid software setup soon. The quality of everything seems really good, the beer droid sits nicely on the kitchen bench and looks great. The Brewflo is a lot larger than I thought it would be so I have to figure out exactly where that will end up living.

9 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 3:15 PM

The BeerDroid. You get to name the beer droid when you register it, I named mine “BeerDroid”. If you can think of something better let me know.

And for those who might be interested, the inside of the BeerDroid.

10 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 4:23 PM

Gday Banjo. I just read up on the droid and it looks very nice indeed, if but a tad small and expensive. But all in good fun with a press of the button and the pre-packaged kits and not out of place on the kitchen counter. Also the sounds of the carbonation without CO2 sounds handy, i wouldn't mind one of those as a separate entity for myself. Good luck with it.

11 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 7 PM

Hey Banjo, was going to ask if the dogs name was Clancy ;)

So the sachets marked Elements, Enhancers etc liquid dry?

Just wondering what all the bits are really ?

regards mick

12 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 9:07 PM

mickc:

Hey Banjo, was going to ask if the dogs name was Clancy ;)

So the sachets marked Elements, Enhancers etc liquid dry?

Just wondering what all the bits are really ?

Clancie must be famous, have you got a dog?

Elements and enhancers are both dry, the elements are hopped dry malt and the enhancers are probably the same as the coopers brew enhancers. There is also liquid hops and priming sucrose.

I have put the brew on this afternoon, now to play the waiting game, in the mean time my Bockenator is almost ready to bottle.

13 Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2016 10:24 PM

What an awesome wife you have!

Cool looking setup, looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

14 Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 6:41 PM

Banjo, I like the colour coded Black Ribbon and dog to match

I see you already have the tap in place. If you didn't lubricate the red seal (tiniest amount of olive oil) before sliding the tap into the droid, make sure to do it from now on. Helps with extending longevity.
Also, it doesn't hurt to smear some olive oil on the lid seal to make for easier twisting to remove.

15 Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 12:21 AM

Look's like a slick system. Let us know how your brew turns out

16 Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 8:21 AM

PB2:

Banjo, I like the colour coded Black Ribbon and dog to match

I see you already have the tap in place. If you didn't lubricate the red seal (tiniest amount of olive oil) before sliding the tap into the droid, make sure to do it from now on. Helps with extending longevity.
Also, it doesn't hurt to smear some olive oil on the lid seal to make for easier twisting to remove.

Hey PB2, I did use olive oil for the tap, I will keep it in mind for the lid seal next time also. BTW, I love the tap on the BeerDroid. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it is the same as the current Coopers fermenter taps, except it has an extended spout which you clip on the keg lines or bottler. It saves you having to shove the bottler up into the tap which might cause a leak if you are not careful.

17 Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Heya

How is the brewing going? I personally am waiting with baited breath for any updates. Ive been looking into getting one myself but have been waiting for some independent reviews which havn't eventuated yet.

18 Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:34 PM

It's still fermenting away,

19 Posted: Monday, August 15, 2016 8:31 PM

Just kicked off my first brew with the Brewart System yesterday. Has anyone finished one yet, love to know how it turned out?

20 Posted: Monday, August 15, 2016 8:39 PM

Another question chaps, I want to have a crack at making a gluten free brew for my wife. Any thoughts as to whether I could buy a GF kit and just scale down the measurements for 10l to put in the droid assuming all the necessary ingredients were there? She would appreciate any advice as she likes beer but is now unable to drink it. Cheers