Hopiphany White IPABeer type
craftBeer type Beer description Is this the ultimate t-shirt and suit jacket beer? Centennial and Falconer's Flight hops are the real stars here, added late for maximum aroma and flavour. They add pine, floral and bright citrus notes. They are backed nicely by golden pale ale malt, and laced with a zing of pepper and clove, which the yeast brings to the party. This is an inspired White IPA that will leave you revelling in its complexity, and yearning for more! Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 6.5% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1 x 1.3kg Mr Beer Northwest Pale Ale
- 1 x 250g Mr Beer Unhopped Malt Extract - Golden
- 1 x 12g Centennial Hop Pellets
- 1 x 12g Falconer’s Flight Hop Pellets
- 1 x 11.5g Fermentis T-58 Dry Yeast
- 1 x 72g Mr Beer Carbonation Drops
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- In a 2 litre pan, mix a 250g pouch of Golden Malt Extract with 500ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the Falconer’s Flight Hop Pellets and boil for 10mins.
- Then add the Centennial Hop Pellets and boil for another 5mins.
- Remove from heat and cool the pan in a sink of iced water.
- Strain the cooled malt/hop mix into the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Add the Northwest Pale Ale to the FV.
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the T-58 and brew can yeast then fit the lid.
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 20C-24C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- At around day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 6.5% ABV.