Heavy McWeeBeer type
craftBeer type Beer description The cold wind cutting through the heathers leaves you longing for a hearty beer to warm you through. Malty, caramel notes dominate this russet coloured beauty, earthy complexity underpins initial stone fruit impressions with intense warming alcohol. You don’t have to wear a kilt to warm to this drink! Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 7.2% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1.3kg Bewitched Amber Ale
- 2 x 250g Smooth Malt Extract
- Safale S-04 Dry Yeast
- Pack of Carbonation Drops
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- Add the Bewitched Amber Ale and Smooth Malt Extract to the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the S-04 yeast and fit the lid.
Step 2: Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 20C-24C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- At around day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
Step 3: Bottle
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
Step 4 :Enjoy
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.