Brown Eyed GirlBeer type
craftBeer type Beer description A tantalising potion that will leave you sated, but still yearning for just one more taste. Rich caramel toffee malt with a balance of woodsy, herbal hops round out the flavour medley in this fresh take on an Imperial English Brown. Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 6.5% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1 x 1.3kg Mr Beer Bewitched Amber Ale
- 1 x 250g Mr Beer Unhopped Malt Extract - Smooth
- 1 x 12g Fuggle Hop Pellets
- 1 x 12g Willamette Hop Pellets
- 1 x 11.5g Fermentis S-04 Dry Yeast
- 1 x 72g Mr Beer Carbonation Drops
Step 1 : Mix
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- In a 2 litre pan, mix the Smooth Malt Extract with 500ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the Fuggle Hop Pellets and boil for 5mins.
- Then add the Willamette Hop Pellets and boil for a further 5mins.
- Remove from heat and cool the pan in a sink of iced water.
- Strain the cooled malt/hop mix into the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Add the Bewitched Amber Ale to the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the S-04 and brew can yeast then fit the lid.
Step 2: Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 20C-24C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- At around day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
Step 4: Enjoy
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 6.5% ABV.