Bock In BlackBeer type
Bock In BlackBeer description Like vintage rockers Bock in Black gets better with age and never goes out of style. You’ll be thunderstruck by the finish on this dark and heavy brew that’ll stay on your palette like an encore that just won’t quit. The aromas will hit you like TNT as they explode to create a truly memorable drinking experience that hits like an epic solo. The flavours on this high voltage, high alcohol offering playout like a beer lover’s greatest hits. Are you ready? For those about to brew we salute you! Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 7.2% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
STEP 1: Mix
- Add all of the Winter Dark Ale, Pale Malt Extract and Smooth Malt Extract to the fermenting vessel (FV).
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- This brew is likely to produce a lot of foam. We suggest you fit the Krausen Kollar.
- Sprinkle the Saflager W-34/70 yeast and brew can yeast then fit the lid.
STEP 2: Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment at 13C - 15C.
- Fermentation should take about 14 days.
- At around day 14, check the Specific Gravity (SG)
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
STEP 3: Bottle
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days, expect about 1010 to 1014.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps (only one drop per bottle may be preferred for this style).
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
STEP 4: Enjoy!
- After at least four weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve in with bottle age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 7.2% ABV.