Batman & Robin IPABeer type
craftBeer type Beer description Being a proprietary blend of unique hop varieties from USA’s Northwest, Falconers Flight is kind of like the Batman and Robin of the hop world. The ultimate duo of super hop crusaders produces a beer that is at first pine resinous with notes of grapefruit and hints of stone fruit, then breaks out into all out bright lemon esters on the nose and tongue followed by a mighty punch of IPA bitterness and sweet malt that knocks the flavour into the stratosphere while the carbonation brings the final zing into the melee. This awesome beer triumphs over the tastebuds! Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 6.5% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1.3kg Diablo IPA
- 250g Smooth Malt Extract
- 25g Falconers Flight Hop Pellets
- Pack of Carbonation Drops
Step 1 : Mix
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- In a 2 litre pan, mix a 250g pouch of Smooth Malt Extract with 500ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Add half of the Falconers Flight Hop Pellets and boil for 10mins.
- Remove from heat and cool the pan in a sink of iced water.
- Strain the cooled malt/hop mix into the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Add the Diablo IPA to the FV.
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the yeast and fit the lid.
Step 2: Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 20C-24C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- Add the remaining Falconers Flight Hop Pellets once the foam has subsided (around day 4).
- At around day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
Step 4: Enjoy
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 6.5 %ABV.