American Rebel Amber AleBeer type
craftBeer type Beer description This Malty Sweet, Citrus Marmalade flavoured Amber Ale is a must try this month and lives up to it’s name; with strong Toffee and Caramel aromas and a hop filled smooth finish, this rebel is revving up a righteous reputation. Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1.3kg Bewitched Amber Ale
- 250g Pale Malt Extract
- 25g Centennial Hop Pellets
- Lallemand BRY-97 Dry Yeast
- 72g Mr Beer Carbonation Drops
Step 1 : Mix
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- Bring the Pale Malt Extract to the boil in 1 litre of water.
- Add half of the Centennial Hop Pellets and boil for 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and set the pot in a cold/ice water bath to cool.
- Strain the malt hop liquid into the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Add the contents of the Bewitched Amber Ale to the FV.
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the BRY-97 yeast and fit the lid.
Step 2 : Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 18C-22C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- At around day 4 add the remaining hop pellets (we recommend wrapping them in a mesh cleaning cloth, pulled straight from the wrapper).
- On day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
Step 3 : Bottle
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days, expect about 1008 to 1012.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps (only one drop per bottle may be preferred).
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
Step 4 : Enjoy
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 6.5 %ABV.