Abbey DubbelBeer type
craftBeer type Beer description Most of us enjoy drinking Belgian Beer but if you make it yourself you may well “Dubbel” the pleasure and “Dubbel” the fun! The late hop characters give this ale an interesting twist on a typical Dubbel. Flavour profile
- Approx. Alcohol Level:
- 6.5% ABV
- Naturally Carbonated:
- 1 x 1.3kg Mr Beer Bewitched Amber Ale
- 1 x 250g Mr Beer Unhopped Malt Extract - Smooth
- 1 x 12g Saaz Hop Pellets
- 1 x 11.5g Fermentis T-58 Dry Yeast
- 1 x 72g Mr Beer Carbonation Drops
Step 1 : Mix
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- Add the Bewitched Amber Ale and Smooth Malt Extract to the Fermenting Vessel (FV).
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 8.5 litre mark.
- Sprinkle the T-58 and brew can yeast then fit the lid.
Step 2: Brew
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment between 20C-24C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 14 days.
- Add the Saaz Hop Pellets once the foam has subsided (on around day 4, we recommend wrapping them in a mesh cleaning cloth, pulled straight from the wrapper).
- At around day 7 check the specific gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.
Step 4: Enjoy
- After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the bottles.
- Bottles kept unrefrigerated should improve with age.
- When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.
- The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.
- Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 6.5 % ABV.